- RSS Channel Showcase 6710151
- RSS Channel Showcase 1567964
- RSS Channel Showcase 3825495
- RSS Channel Showcase 9891997
Articles on this Page
- 02/13/17--08:00: _Creating Things: Pr...
- 02/16/17--23:00: _Puns to Ponder
- 06/05/17--00:00: _W.E.B. DuBois Celeb...
- 06/06/17--00:00: _Grad School Public ...
- 06/11/17--00:00: _Two New Books Publi...
- 06/16/17--00:00: _The Discoveries of ...
- 06/22/17--00:00: _Abandon
- 06/25/17--00:00: _The Fool
- 06/26/17--00:00: _A Good Home
- 02/16/17--23:00: Puns to Ponder
- 06/05/17--00:00: W.E.B. DuBois Celebration in New York
- 06/06/17--00:00: Grad School Public Affairs Class
- 06/11/17--00:00: Two New Books Published
- 06/16/17--00:00: The Discoveries of Columbus
- 06/22/17--00:00: Abandon
- 06/25/17--00:00: The Fool
- 06/26/17--00:00: A Good Home
Roger McTair is a director, poet, professor and writer who lives in Toronto, Canada. He has had short stories air on CBC Radio and BBC Radio. He was born in Trinidad and Tobago on October 7, 1943. Not having much to do while growing up galvanized his love of creating things. “I grew up in […]
kakongedRoger McTair - Picture
By Brikena Ribaj Tip of the hat to Chris for the pointer. He and I have such a great time together playing with language. I thought I’d share with you all what he just sent my way. Enjoy. And as a medievalist, my very favorite would have to be number one. . The roundest knight […]
kakongedBrikena Ribaj - Puns to Ponder - July 15, 2009
Heading down to New York with some old friends of mine from undergrad, we discovered that there was a lot more to black history than we knew about before:
Here is a recording of a public affairs class I took while doing my grad studies at Concordia University. The main important information is at the beginning. For more stories by Donna Kakonge, visit her online store at: http://stores.lulu.com/kakonged:
The first book is My Mind Book which features an example of creating a book that will be inspiring and bring the things you want into your life. It is based on the law of attraction, as well as inspired by Mind Movies that were sent to me. The second book is called Stories in […]
kakongedNew Books - August 23, 2009
By Rachel Muenz Lorian sat in the sand, his lap cold without the dog. He glared at the black and silver points of the waves. His father had no right to get rid of it. But Lorian figured he should have seen it coming because his father had never gone out of his way to […]
kakongedRachel Muenz - Columbus - August 18, 2009
By Rachel Muenz Uneven rows of umbrellas bobbed towards her. Their metal frames frightened her to the edge of the sidewalk and then back into the alley against the cold dumpster. The thin spokes reminded her too much of wing bones. Her fingers dug at the air around her knees. She looked down and jumped, […]
kakongedAbandon - August 10, 2009
I was embarrassed to tell my boyfriend’s parents I was out of work again. It had been a year and I was on welfare, but at least I had love in my life. Richie, my boyfriend, just got a job as a public relations officer at the University of Toronto. He had been looking for […]
kakongedThe Fool - August 5, 2009
By Rachel Muenz I don’t like cleaning because it’s not something where you use your head and when I don’t use my head, it wanders into things I’d rather forget. But I don’t like living in filth either. I’ve had enough dirt in my life as it is. So that’s why I’ve got my fingers […]
kakongedRachel Muenz - A Good Home - August 4, 2009